Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Correspondence For A Loved One

Dear Summer,

I will never forget you.  You know I didn’t want it to end like this.  I mean, we had some fun times.  Really.  All the barbeques, the parties, the time I got so drunk at the bon fire I couldn’t feel my legs and had to look up at the stars.  They were pretty.  Or even that time I got so drunk and got into some drunken road side fight and got hit in the eye with a bottle, that was epic.  I still have the scar.  I guess what I am trying to say is, it wasn’t all good.  The stress of looking for a job was well…stressful.  But finding one was a sigh of relief, everything worked out.  If it was all good, I wouldn’t love you so much.  You know what I like.  Every time you come around it gets warmer outside and I can start wearing my tees and girls start wearing sun dresses again. 

I just don’t get it Summer.  Why do you have to leave again?  You do this every year, you waltz into my life only to leave again in a few months.  I think you have commitment problems.  I just don’t know if I can take this anymore.  These games you play with my heart.  I hear you’re not like this down south.  That in some places you actually stick around.  Can’t you stick around for me?  Things can be different this time.  I can change for you Summer.  Heh, I know, I can’t control you.  You’re going to do what you want, when it's all said and done.  I just want you to know I don’t have any hard feelings.  You’re welcome back whenever you want.  Don’t just wait for late May again.  Come on down in April, hell, March even.  I don’t care, I just want you back.  I promised myself I wouldn’t do this, but it’s just so hard to see you go.

I’m going to be pretty busy while you’re gone.  School is starting back up, so maybe it’s best you leave.  You know I won’t get any work done if you stay.  I love you Summer.  Take care on your adventures to…wherever it is you go.  I love you.  Hugs and Kisses.

Yours Truly, 

Bent (The Illest Demented Handstyle)

PS.  Don’t even think of running out of here early.  Officially I have you until September 21st and you better honor that agreement.

2 comments:

simplysteph said...

you're so cool, it's disturbing. end it

Annie said...

ahahaha. love this.