Monday, October 09, 2006

Indie Nonsense

Alright, don't get me wrong! I LOVE INDIE MUSIC. But I've got a little question for you kiddies. What is indie music these days really? Is it an underground band with no fanbase? Is it some awesome band you've never heard of? Is it a band with no record label? All of the above? Maybe I'm just an unclutured idiot but last time I checked there were tonnes of bands considered "indie" and they're signed to warner brothers and have top 10 videos on Much Music. What's the deal? Don't you have to be producing you records yourself to be indie (indie = independant as in Do It Yourself) Like Metric, is Metric still indie? Even though you couldn't walk down queen without seeing some Aritzia slave with a Metric T-Shirt. What does it all mean? Is anything sacred?

0 comments: